Terminology and Usage
- The header element represents a group of introductory or navigational aids.
- The nav element represents a section of a page that links to other pages or to parts within the page: a section with navigation links.
- An article element is "independent" in the sense that its contents could stand alone, for example in syndication.
- The section element represents a generic document or application section...[it] is not a generic container element.
- The aside element represents a section of a page that consists of content that is tangentially related to the content around the aside element, and which could be considered separate from that content.
- The footer element represents a footer for its nearest ancestor sectioning content.